6 Exide VRLA batteries with 748 Ah (C10) or 845 Ah (C120) guarantee sufficient power supply. These batteries are specially designed for partial charging, which is typical for yachts. By a discharge of 30%, 5000 cycles are possible if a charger with I-U-I charge identification is used. According to the manufacturer, discharges of up to 80% are permitted! In comparison, Yacht Gel batteries are usually designed for a maximum discharge of 50%.
The most important features at a glance:
- Outstanding cycle characteristics.
- Sealed battery technology (VRLA).
- Lowest energy consumption.
- Powerful tube plate technology – for longer life even under the most difficult conditions.
- Deep discharge proof – greater long-term energy supply.
- Horizontally mountable.
- Easy installation and maintenance.
- Storability up to 2 years at 20 °C without recharging due to very low self-discharge rate.
- Germanischer Lloyd certified.
The batteries are installed in the main cabin, directly at the mast and thus in the center of gravity of the ship. Although we had to ‘sacrifice’ a small piece of our bench for this purpose, this posed no problem as we never used this space. We have another practical storage area covered in wood.